Blog Archive

Monday, June 4, 2012

10th of may THE CATWALK / FASHION SHOW

Well, what a day the 10th of May was. 
It was stressful, exciting, exhausting and it was a big learning curve. 
It all started at 2 pm in the afternoon. I met with the models, the photographers, the filming crew, and the make-up artists from bare minerals, the Dj and with the helping crew at BHS.  
At 2:30 pm we all had a meeting, where I discussed what needed to be done by 5:00pm. Then I took 3 models every to a very well known hair salon, which goes by the name “Tony and Guy“. They styled all the 12 models hair beautifully. 
After the models hair was done, the professional make-up artists, from “bare minerals“, did the models entire make-up.
The end result was fantastic and it was great working with these professionals.
During all that time, the helpers of “University of central Lancashire “were helping to sort the clothes for each and every model.
We had each model wear a casual, a summer and a going-out Outfit. 
So all in all the models had to change into three outfits, which were either from DOROTHY PERKINS, FUSE, BHS or WALLIS.
For each brand we had three casual outfits, three summer outfits and three going out outfits.
At about 4:30 pm the models were getting their first casual outfits on and make-up was being retouched.
While all of this was happening we were getting the lighting and Dj equipments ready. On all 50 seats we placed our goody bags that were filled with Starbucks cups/biscuits, Body shop products, bare minerals make-up products and various other little coupons.
At about 6:00pm our guests were arriving. 
The company Bhs provided the guests with some orange juice and champagne.
Then at 6:30 the CATWALK began with music. Then each model took a walk down the catwalk stopping at the end, for 4 seconds, to show their outfits and also stopping in the middle. The entire show was a duration of 25 minutes. After the show there were prizes to be won with raffle tickets.
After the winners were announced the guests had the possibility to buy products that they saw in the CATWALK.
After the show, I had the possibility to talk to some of the guests, which gave me very good feedback. 
They were so very pleased with the show, that they could not resist buying some of the products seen in the CATWALK.
So, of course I was very pleased to hear that. 
I also was very happy and lucky to have a great team to work with because without them I could have never made the show as amazing.
I have learnt to work with different personalities, how to solve problems in a short length of time, to be organised, how to be professional and how to manage a big event.
Last but not least everyone who worked with and in the Event worked completely free of charge for a good cause, to be more specific this event was not only to promote BHS but also to gather money for the charity NSPCC.

The filmmaker and photographer documented the whole day with camera footage. 
I will upload these images as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment