Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

8th of may the run through

This day was very exciting. As I have already written, I was asked to help organise a Fashion show for Bhs Preston.
Two weeks ago I had to search for 12 models, make-up artists, design flyers/posters/tickets, a radio station interview, a Dj, photographer, filmmaker, hair stylists and some extra helpers from University. In only two weeks I managed to get all of this sorted and organised. It has been very stressful, but a big learning curve on how to learn to prepare and organise oneself for such a big event. As Bhs does not have a budget to spend all of the models, artists, etc are free of charge, which of course was very hard to find at first.

Today I met up with two very helpful girls, from University, at the Bhs store to choose all 36 outfits fro our models. I made a list of the models sizes, so we could combine outfits depending on their “look“. We had to prepare 9 outfits for each brand that go by the name WALLIS, FUSE, DOROTHY PERKINS, BHS.  Each brand had 3 casual outfits, summer outfits and three going out outfits. The two girls and I worked from 11 am until 3: 30 pm on all the outfits. At the end we were very happy with the outcome.  Then at 5:30 pm all the models, a few more extra helpers and the Dj met me at Bhs so we could do a run-through of the show for Thursday evening.  We all worked until 8: 30 pm.
I showed the models how to walk and where to pose. We calculated the time of the actual catwalk, including the outfit changes. The models practiced their walk and I also talked them through the entire night. I also gave the Dj a few ideas of music I wanted playing during the catwalk show.

This was a very tiring day but I hope it will be all worth it on Thursday night.  Hopefully the store will get enough customers to see the fashion show, because so much effort has been put into this fashion show.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment